As a litigation attorney, Jake has a diverse legal background in civil litigation including commercial contracts, construction, insurance and environmental law. He has represented businesses, government entities, and individuals in both state and federal court.
During law school, Jake served as a teaching assistant in Legal Analysis and Writing and also completed internships with the Honorable Joy Flowers Conti of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the Honorable John T. Bender of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Jake clerked for two Judges on the Court of Common Pleas of Washington county before entering private practice.
- The Pittsburgh Novel: Western Pennsylvania in Fiction and Drama, 1792- 2014 (University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University Libraries) (forthcoming 2021)
- The Schenley Experiment: A Social History of Pittsburgh’s First Public High School (University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University Press, 2017)
- “What’s in a Namesake?: Mary Schenley,” Western Pennsylvania History 98, no. 3 (Fall 2015): 22-35, https://journals.psu.edu/wph/article/view/60194/60143
- “College Students and Means-Tested Welfare Programs: Mitigating the Cost for Sub-Median Income Families,” The Heinz Journal, January 24, 2012, http://journal.heinz.cmu.edu/2012/01/college- students-and-means- tested-welfare-programs-mitigating-the-cost-for- sub-median-income- families/
- “SEC charges financier in $8 billion investment scheme,” JURIST, February 18, 2009, https://www.jurist.org/news/2009/02/sec-charges-financier-in-8-billion/